During the 34° Huawei Venicemarathon, the following sustainable solutions have been adopted:
- regional and interregional railway transport incentivisation with discounts and better scheduling for regional transport;
- road transport rationalisation foreseeing an all-inclusive bus offer. Participants from the main Nothern and Center-Northern Italian cities could take a bus to reach Venice. The service included: the inscription, the bid number, the goody bags, 1 night-stay hotel, breakfast and pasta party as well as all the necessary transfers during the days;
- better separate waste collection during the sport fair and in the arrival line of the competition, installing several trash bins with different colours for waste type;
- agreement for plastic recover with CO.RE.PLA (plastic recover national consortium). Plastic wasted during the 34° Venicemarathon will recover and used to realise products for the 35° edition (t-shirts);
- trash bins for plastic at the 30th km of the race;
- digital communication and online inscription;
- instalment of a ramp for people suffering from mobility impairments in Villa Pisani National Museum;
- 13 accessible bridges in Venice;
- use of food local products for food and for podium award athletes;
- 2.000 volunteers involved;
- promotion of local tourist itineraries for runners and their partners.
Number of Participants: 13.000
- A.S.D. Venicemarathon
- Trenitalia S.p.A;
- CO.RE.PLA. (plastic recover national consortium);
- Villa Pisani National Museum;
Veneto Region realized 2 working group meetings with the main stakeholders in order to sign the Memorandum of Understanding, which you can find at the following link.
In this second link, you can download the report of the working group meeting.
The project aims to promote sport events with the Zero Waste Blue brand which identifies sustainable tourist products to be offered to sport tourists and to their followers who can take advantage and enjoy the natural and cultural heritage of the destinations. According to this, Veneto Region found out some sustainable tourist itineraries. Take a look at it at the following link.
Link to the official web site: http://venicemarathon.it/