InnovaMare project activities will be hosted also this year at Breaking the Surface, the international interdisciplinary workshop on robotics and maritime applications organized by the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing of the University of Zagreb that will take place in Biograd na Moru (Croatia) from 25th September to 2nd October, 2022.
International workshop „Ocean monitoring and protection Technologies and Services – in the Adriatic" will be held on Friday, September 30, 2022, in Biograd na Moru (Croatia). Here is the agenda of the workshop.
The workshop is organized as part of the activities of the strategic project InnovaMare, which is implemented within the Italy-Croatia Interreg program and within Breaking the surface event. It is organized by Croatian Chamber of Economy, Croatian start-up SeaCras, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing with the support of partner institutions, including the European Investment Bank Group, the Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Mercator Ocean International, and Balearic Islands Coastal Ocean Observing and Forecasting System.
The workshop will discuss and present the current situation and future possibilities related to a sustainable blue economy in the Adriatic. It aims to bring together all relevant stakeholders in order to initiate various public and private investments related to the systematic monitoring and surveillance of the Adriatic Sea. Given that the sustainability of the Adriatic Sea, as a key resource of the blue economy sector, primarily comes from data on the state of the sea and its threats. Based on this data, we can then make accurate predictions that help us create innovative technologies to prevent or solve emerging threats.
The focus of the workshop is on:
- Showcasing ocean innovative technologies;
- Exploring funding possibilities for the public and private projects at each stage of the development;
- Connecting the key stakeholders to share a common vision.
The aim of the workshop is to:
- create a strong ecosystem for a sustainable blue economy in the Adriatic,
- stimulate new market opportunities through innovative technologies and solutions,
- raise awareness of the Adriatic as a fundamental resource,
- develop models for sustainable growth of the blue economy in the Adriatic in line with the European Green Deal and the Digital Transition.
For participation in this event we prepared three registration options:
- If you would like to join us from Wednesday, 28th to Friday, 30th of September (two nights, accomodation and meals included), please register for the event via following link
- If you would like to join us from Thursday, 29th to Friday, 30th of September (one night, accomodation and meals included), please contact directly email@example.com
- If you would like to join us only at the workshop – Friday, 30th of September, please register directly firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the registration is September 15, 2022.
On 27, 28 and 29th of September will be organized Demo sessions from 15.30 to 18.30, a presentation of innovative solutions in underwater robotics and sensors. Those solutions and technologies enable growth, development, competitiveness and technological leadership in the field of blue economy and innovative blue technologies. For all additional questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
This year in BTS event will be a lot of fantastic lecturers with great experts, so please check here the BTS schedule and book your time to be in Biograd na Moru.
The programme of the BTS initiative is available HERE.